As you know, the American Association of Orthodontists is dedicated to helping protect the future of residents like you and your impact on the future of the orthodontic industry.
That’s why the AAO-Endorsed Insurance Program, administered by Lockton Affinity, offers complimentary Group Student Disability insurance to AAO student members with the option of converting to Group Disability Income insurance once they become practicing orthodontists.
Converting Student Disability Insurance to the Group Disability Insurance
While there is much excitement and accomplishment in completing your residency and beginning to practice, there are some important actions that need to be taken amidst the celebrations.
Unfortunately, your Student Disability coverage will expire shortly after your graduation. To ease the transition, the AAO-Endorsed Insurance Program makes it easy to convert to the AAO Group Disability insurance.
To receive $2,000 of monthly benefits, you can covert coverage without medical underwriting, for which you will be required to pay a premium. You can also apply for up to $15,000 of monthly benefits, subject to medical underwriting.
Whichever solution is best for you, simply visit this website to begin your insurance conversion or call a Lockton Affinity insurance representative for help at (844) 893-9888.
Why You Should Consider Converting to Group Disability Insurance
Converting student disability insurance ensures you and your income continue to be protected should you become disabled and unable to work as an orthodontist.
Like you needed this coverage as a resident to help protect your future income, that need remains as you begin your career.
Designed specifically for AAO members, this policy includes specific benefits for practicing orthodontists with some benefits that are extremely helpful for orthodontists just beginning their careers, including:
- Future purchase option—For an additional premium you can increase your coverage in the future to help ensure your coverage keeps pace as your earnings grow.
- Portable coverage—Unlike employer-sponsored insurance, this group coverage can stay with you even if you change jobs.
This policy also offers:
- Own-occupation definition—Helps protect your income if you are disabled and unable to work as an orthodontist, even if you are working in another occupation.
- Multiple coverage options—Choose coverage amounts from $500 to $15,000 per month, subject to medical underwriting. If you need assistance, contact Lockton Affinity’s representatives to ensure you have the right coverage in place based on your income.
- Residual benefits available—Continue receiving a portion of your total disability benefit after you return to work on a part-time basis.
* Visit AAO-Insurance.com for information, including features, costs, eligibility, renewability, limitations, and exclusions.
This material is not intended for use with residents of New Mexico with respect to Disability Income Insurance.